Replacing a roof is a significant investment in the longevity and safety of a home. When it comes to materials, Colorbond steel is a popular choice in Australia due to its durability, range of colours, and thermal efficiency.
Our Roofing Plumbers Are Available Now To Quote Your Job
Why Choose Colorbond Roof Replacement for your Camberwell Home?
Colorbond is the most commonly used material for roofs throughout Australia. It comes in a variety of colours and patterns and can also be used to replace and repair existing Colorbond roofs. When replacing your old roof with a new one there are some things you need to consider before making the final decision on what type of roof you want to install.
Colorbond is a very durable material that will last you up to 50 years. However, because it’s metal it’s not without its faults. If you decide to go with this kind of roofing there are certain aspects of the job that need to be handled carefully or else you’ll end up damaging your new roof and having to fix it again in the near future.
When hiring a contractor for Colorbond roof replacement Camberwell there are several things you should look for when trying to find someone credible and who will give you great results. Make sure they have insurance covering their work and that they have experience with this type of material.
Approximate Colorbond Roof Replacement Costs for Small, Medium & Large Houses in CamberwellThe size of your house significantly impacts the total cost of a Colorbond roof replacement. Here’s a rough breakdown:
- Small Houses (around 100 square metres): For a smaller home, the material costs could range from $5,000 to $20,000, with total costs including installation ranging from $10,000 to $30,000.
- Medium Houses (around 200 square metres): A medium-sized home might see material costs from $10,000 to $40,000, with total costs including installation hitting between $20,000 to $60,000.
- Large Houses (300 square metres and above): For larger homes, the material costs alone can be upwards of $15,000 to $60,000, with total replacement costs potentially exceeding $30,000 to $100,000.
What Affects the Cost of Colorbond Roofing?
Several factors can influence the final cost of a Colorbond roof:
- Complexity of the Roof Design: More complex roof shapes with multiple levels or a greater number of corners and edges can increase costs.
- Roof Pitch: Steeper roofs require more safety equipment and time to install, which can raise the price.
- Accessibility: If your roof is difficult to access, it can increase the labour costs.
- Location: Prices can vary by region due to different labour costs and transportation fees.
- Removal of Old Roofing: The cost to remove and dispose of the existing roofing material can add to the total expense.
- Insulation and Additional Materials: Upgrades like high-quality insulation or choosing premium Colorbond products like Ultra or Stainless steel will affect the cost.
What Is the Cost of Colorbond Roofing per square metre?
The cost of Colorbond roofing can vary widely depending on several factors, but on average, you can expect to pay anywhere from $50 to $200 per square metre for the material itself. This price includes the sheets of Colorbond steel and the associated materials such as fasteners, but it does not include installation costs.
Colorbond Roofing Colours
When it comes to picking a color for your Colorbond roofing for your Camberwell project, you have a lot of options to choose from. Colorbond can be painted in almost any color, not just ones that have been pre-mixed. You can build the perfect colors to perfectly complement the exterior of your home. And, if you want to do something really interesting, like paint the Colorbond roofing panels a metallic or glitter color (like silver or gold), you could even use them as a design element on the roof itself.
Colorbond is a great choice because you’re getting a unique product that will add value to your home while also protecting it from the elements. Plus, Colorbond is an Australian product that’s known for its quality and durability.
Will Colorbond roofing and replacement increase the value of my home?
There are many factors that affect the value of a home. Colorbond roofing is a cost effective and durable option, though it’s not the only factor that determines a home’s valuation. The style and size of your home, its location, the condition it’s in, whether or not it has an established foundation, and the area you live in all impact how much your home is worth. Many buyers think that buying a newly built property will increase the value of their home, but this isn’t always the case. A well-built property can be a good investment, but if it’s in an undesirable location or isn’t built to code, then it might not be worth as much as you’d like.
Example: In Sydney, a well-maintained property with Colorbond roofing could be worth between $1 million and $2 million. The exact value will depend on many factors including the number of bedrooms or bathrooms and the area you live in. In Melbourne, Colorbond roofing is more common than other cities so homes with this kind of roof are more likely to sell for less—approximately $400 000 to $600 000 depending on location and size.
We understand the frustration of a leaky roof, and we’re here to help you find the solution that’s right for your situation. Colorbond is a durable material that can last the lifetime of your roof, but it’s not indestructible. In some cases, Colorbond can become damaged by exposure to the elements and need repair or replacement. If you live in Camberwell and your Colorbond roofing has been affected by damage from water or sun, contact Metropolitan Roof Repair today for a free inspection and quote on your roofing services.